This delicious dish is from my sister. She made it for me during her visit in Hong kong. Since I’ve just given birth to my first child and breastfeeding this soup helps lactation. This is very simple filipino way of cooking with simple ingredients. You lovely cooks out there can also try this at home wether you are breastfeeding or not this dish is for any occasions and for anytime of the day. It’s rich in protein, omega-3, vitamin C, and calcium.
- 1 kg fresh clams, washed
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 chopped onion
- 2-3 fresh tomato finely chopped
- 1 cup of malunggay leaves(this is a filipino vegetable and is optional)
- 1 tsbp fish sauce
- pinch of salt if needed( note that the clams itself is already salty)
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 2 inches thick ginger sliced thinly
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- In a saucepan put EVO and saute onion, garlic, ginger and tomato for 3 minutes or until they are a little bit brown and juice comes out.
- Add in the fresh washed clams into the saucepan. Season it with black pepper add later to your liking, oregano leaves, ground coriander. Cook for 3 minutes or until clams open up.
- Taste, if it needed more seasoning add the fish sauce, salt and ground pepper and add the malunggay leaves. Cook for 2 minutes and serve.
- You can serve it with rice or eat just like that.