For the meringue:
- 4 egg whites
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or cherry extract flavour
- 3 cups of fresh cherry
- 2 tbsps caster sugar
- 3 tbsps confectioners sugar
- 350ml double cream
- Preheat oven at 180C with convection oven.
- Meringue: whisk the egg whites in a medium high speed just the peaks form. Add in the caster sugar a tbsp at a time.
- Add in white wine vinegar, cornflour and vanilla extract. Turn the mix in high speed.
- Spread the meringue on the baking tray and bake for 1 hour at 180C. Leave the meringue in the oven to cool for 30 mins.
- Topping: Put 2 cups cherry in a saucepan and 2 tbsp of sugar until the cherry is soft and juice comes out. Let it cool.
- Whisk double cream and confectioners sugar until peaks form.
- Put the meringue on a plate or a cake tray top with double cream mixture, put fresh cherries and drizzle with cherry sauce. Serve!