- 200g self-raising flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g butter
- 60ml milk plus extra
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of glaice cherries chopped(you can choose any flavour you like) try savory
- Preheat the oven at 200C or 180F
- Sieve flour, baking powder and salt into a deep bowl.
- Gently rub the butter until the mixture has a sandy texture. Mix in the cherries.
- Dissolve sugar into the milk.
- Make a well on the flour mixture and add the liquid gradually. Mix gently until the mixture forms like a soft dough
- Lightly flour the surface/counter and gently roll out the dough to 1 cm thick.
- Cut out the rounds using pastry cutter.
- Place the rounds on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with milk and bake for 20-30 minutes.Serve with a cup of tea!