Baby Squid and Broccoli Rice
- 1/2 kg or 1 medium bowl baby squid cleaned and gutted
- 1/2 onion finely chopped plus 1/2 onion rings
- 1 pack of fresh coriander
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 head of broccoli steamed or boiled
- ground black pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp butter
- In a hot pan put oil and sauté garlic and onion for 3 minutes or until caramelized. Add in the squid, soy sauce and honey. Seasoned it with black pepper, add butter and the onion rings.
- Make sure not to overcooked the squid as they are very small and doesn’t need to cook longer.
- Add in the vinegar and simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the fire and set aside.
- Chopped finely or in a food processor in goes the boiled broccoli. add a little bit of butter.
- To serve, put the broccoli rice in a bowl or any plate you fancy and topped with the squid adobo.