- 2 supreme cut of cod with skin on
For the Risotto
- 350g fresh prawns with shells on
- 100g cold butter cut into cubes
- Olive oil
- 1 Onion diced finely(brunoise)
- 150g Arborio rice
- 750 ml stock(this is made from shells and head of the fresh prawns with mirepoix)
- Fresh chives chopped finely
- 50g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 4 tbsp double cream
- Chive points
- Beurre blanc
- Preheat oven to 180C/160F.
- Sweat the onion (means frying it without colouring it) with olive oil, add the rice and cook until nutty. Add hot stock gradually until it is absorbed. Cook for 12 minutes or until the rice is al dente. Cover and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, drizzled the fish with oil and seasoned it well. Sear skin side down for 3 minutes, when skin is crisp, turn over and cook for further 3 minutes.
- Gently remove the fish from the pan and place on a non-stick tray or lined with baking sheet and bake for 3 minutes. Let the fish rest once its cooked.
- Peel the prawns removing the head and shell and keep it to make stock. Cut the prawns into 1 inc. size. Fry with a little bit of olive oil just to colour and remove from heat.
- Once the food is ready to put together put the risotto back to medium heat. Add more stock, add the prawns and simmer until the liquid is reduced. Then add the cheese, butter, lemon juice and cream. Adjust the seasoning and add little bit of chives.
- Serve in any plate of your choice. For this one I use a soup plate. Serve it with Beurre blanc and chive points or in anyway you want to garnish your dish. Enjoy!!