- 150g Dark Chocolate Melted
- 150ml Double cream
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Knob of a butter
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Fresh Raspberry
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
Method of Cooking
- Cut the chocolates into small chunks and melt in double bowling pot. Once melted set aside to cool. Once cooled down add the egg yolks one at a time and butter. Mix it very well making sure the egg yolks is not cooked or separated.
- Whisk cream in a medium high speed making sure the cream doesn’t get dense or over whisked. You need to get the dropping consistency still but not loose nor thick. Set aside.
- Next whisk the egg whites in a high medium speed then when you get the frothy texture add the sugar gradually. It will become glossy and do not over whisk.When the peaks form when you test it that should be done.
- Fold the meringue into the cream or vice versa just make sure you do it slowly until well combined.
- Add the chocolate mixture into the meringue and cream mixture. Again slowly. Once you get the consistency you like you can put the mixture into moulding ring or cocktail glass. Chill in the fridge over night if you’re not going to use it straight away. You can also cool it there for few hours until you are ready to use it on the same day.
- Melt the sugar into a stainless pot make sure you do not stir so the sugar doesn’t become sandy. Once melted stir it until you get the elastic consistency that you need to form a ring or any sugar art for garnishing you can search this on the (suggest a book or website).
Tips: You can serve this with shortbread on the side. This is brilliant for any occasion and very versatile as you can choose any flavour you would like to try.