This dish is one of my comfort foods. It’s very simple and the way it is cooked is very traditional. Gingery and salty fresh muscle are perfect combination.
- 1 lb fresh muscles, washed
- 2 stalk of lemon grass
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 thumb sized ginger, sliced
- fish sauce
- 1 medium size tomato, chopped
- a handful of water spinach(kangkong)
- 1 tbsp EVO
- ground black pepper
- 2 cups water or chicken stock
- In a pot, put olive oil and sauté garlic, onions, ginger, tomato, lemongrass for 2 minutes.
- Add in the muscle and water or chicken stock. Put the lid on and simmer for 5 minutes or until the muscles are cooked. Take Note: muscles that aren’t opened should be thrown away.
- Once the muscles are cooked, seasoned it with black pepper, fish sauce. Add in the water spinach and cooked for 2 minutes. Serve.