This dish is one of the straight forward recipe. Potato is like rice, it’s bland on its own. It needs something to kinda make it exciting and tasty. But one thing about it is, it’s very versatile, you can add herbs, spices and many more to create a new dish! from simple to “posh-like” dish or make it sexy but easy, that’s all what we wanted especially all the busy mommies. If you have left over potato instead of throwing it away you can mash it and add some spices and many more like this one here! All we have to do is to be creative sometimes.
For this recipe you will need the Following ingredients( this is for 4 portions)
- 600g Duchesse potato mixture
- 6 plum tomatoes(blanched, peeled, deseeded and neatly diced like bruniose)
- 1 whole finely chopped shallots
- 30g butter
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground paprika
- 1 whole egg
- pinch of Salt and pepper(S+P)
- Place the duchesse mixture into a piping bag with a large star tube
- Pipe the potato onto a buttered baking tray into the form of round nests(it’s up to you how big you wanted the nests are)
- Place into a hot oven for a few minutes to dry the outside of the potato. Brush with the beaten egg and return to the oven to colour golden brown.
- In a pot sweat the shallots and garlic in the butter and then add the parsley and tomato season with gpaprika, cinnamon, S+P and cool.
- Spoon the tomato mixture into the center of the potato and return to the oven to heat through. Make sure you don’t burn it.
TIP: serve as a side dish with steak, fish steak, poach or roasted chicken. You can also add your choice of spices.